SERS-active substrates can be used in different forms: as wafers with various combinations of dielectric and metallic layers (SERS substrates); colloid nanoparticles, dimerized nanoparticles, or core/shell nanoparticles.The active layer of all SERS-active substrates is represented by nanostructures of noble metals, mainly silver. Silver nanospheres marked with SERS reporters and covalently bound toantibodies selected to match the identifiable antigen have found a wide application in SERS immunoassay. On formation of an immune complex and washing-off unbound components it is detected by the SERS analyzer.
Research of cells, tissues, DNA EnSpectr SERS Substrates can be used in everyday chemical analysis as well as in fundamental scientific research.
Here are some examples of SERS applications:
- Bioscience and pharmaceutical research
- Product authentication with spectral markers technology, etc.
- Detection of prohibited substances
- for use as a biosensor for sorption;
- for treatment with ligands, antibodies, etc. (further acceptor deposition is required);
- when chemical treatment of substrate surface is required;
- for substances whose thickness does not exceed 30 nm
** Stability + — substrates allow treatment in different chemical environments. Stability – — substrates do not allow treatment in different chemical environments. Only deposition and drying of water, alcohol or chloroform solutions is feasible.