Terasense has developed original patent-protected technology for making a new type of semiconductor detectors employed in terahertz imaging systems that operate at room temperature.
The detectors can be combined into a compact and inexpensive sensor array (similar to CCD/CMOS sensors in a photo camera). The company is developing imaging applications for THz and sub-THz frequency ranges based on its sensors. The detectors proposed by Terasense have excellent responsivity comparable with similar products in the market meant to operate in the same sub-THz range (0.1 – 0.7 THz). However, unlike other detectors, our devices can take credit for low-cost, uniform pixel-to-pixel sensitivity (pixel-to-pixel deviation of the responsivity is less than 20%). On top of that, Terasense can easily produce them in large quantities in the form of 2D arrays, as our technology is fully compatible with mass semiconductor manufacturing lines.
TERA-1024, our indisputable best-seller, provides real-time (24 Hz) high-quality imaging in the sub-THz range and has the following characteristics:
• Certified frequency range: 0.02 – 0.7 THz
• Number of pixels: 1024
• Pixel Size: 1.5 x 1.5 mm2
• Responsivity: 50 kV/W
• Noise Equivalent Power: 1 nW/√Hz
• Size: 10 x 10 x 5.5, cm
• USB powered (5V)
• Terasense Viewer® Software
• one year warranty period
TERA-256 & TERA-4096 models are also available.
- Homeland security
- Beam profiling systems
- Hidden objects & defects Identification Medical diagnostics
- OEM applications (NDT)
- Petrol & oil quality control
All the above capitalize on terahertz waves capability of penetrating optically opaque materials, as well as imaging and identifying microscopic structures through spectral analysis.
- Operating frequency range 20 GHz -0.7 THz, where most common materials are transparent
- Image acquisition rate up to 50 fps
- Standard and customer-oriented solutions available
- EC Certified (EC Certificates of Compliance cover all our imagers and THz-generators)
- Customer-friendly, plug-and-play type device
- Free customization to preferred frequency rating
- Highly competitive low cost